- About ENGIE
- Early Careers at ENGIE
- Graduate and Internship Opportunities
- What we are looking for
What we are looking for
Are you innovative, driven, passionate, and enthusiastic? Are you ready to take responsibility and help us deliver real world impact?
What makes us so successful is the collective strength of our people, so as the future leaders of our generation do you have what it takes to inspire, motivate, and drive real change across our business? If you believe you have these skills then apply today.
Our graduate scheme is open to both those in their final year of university and those who have already graduated. To apply, we ask you to have achieved or be working towards a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any subject area. Grades below 2:1 will be considered given relevant skills and experience are demonstrated.
Your Values & Behaviours
Bold. Open. Demanding. Caring.
These four key behaviours define who we are as a business and our actions in the workplace. They are the set of guiding principles that enable us to work so successfully. It is through bringing these behaviours to life that ENGIE truly differentiates itself from others. To us, it’s important that your values align to ours so that we can continue to create a true spirit of teamwork.
- An inclusive attitude to working, pursuing opportunities to include, recognise and engage others who have skills, interests or experiences that are different from your own.
- You put people first and have a genuine passion for delivering real change in the communities we serve.
- You show integrity and will uphold the values of our organisation.
- You are ambitious and passionate about leading others.
Our Graduate Competency framework is another key part of your development, and defines what we mean by outstanding behaviour. You will not only be assessed throughout the scheme against this competency framework, but you will be supported every step of the way by your Early Careers team to help develop your skills and shape your potential into our leaders of the future.
- Driven, proactive and a self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and take responsibility and accountability for your work and development.
- A team focus, with the ability to interact and build a rapport with a wide variety of individuals, as well as demonstrating strong listening skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to lead, motivate and inspire others and build team morale.
- Adaptable and able to respond well to change or pressure.
- Analytical thinker, with the ability to make objective, rational decisions with available information
When you join us we are committed to giving you the experiences that you need to succeed, however previous working experience, as indicated below, may be desirable. We look for every ENGIE graduate to have a genuine interest in our industry, as well as being operationally driven.
- Previous leadership experience (either through work or through extra-curricular activities such as volunteering)
- Previous work experience, ideally within a relevant field
- Previous customer services experience
Being fully mobile is key to maximising the value of your placements. Although some placements may be home based, the majority will be on site. ENGIE is such a large and diverse company, so your placements could be based anywhere in the UK. You must be willing to relocate within the UK throughout the programme. You will be supported throughout any relocations pastorally and financially.