- About ENGIE
- Early Careers at ENGIE
- Graduate and Internship Opportunities
- Your Development Journey
Your Development Journey
We are committed to helping you to reach your potential. As a Graduate, you will undertake a development journey challenging you to think like a leader from day one. Our expectation from you is that you take ownership of the opportunities we present, and work with us to forge a successful career in our business. Are you up for the challenge?
Starting Your Journey
Your Graduate experience begins with a rigorous two week induction programme, designed to give you all the tools to kickstart your career with ENGIE. Your induction is designed to show you the world of opportunities you can experience throughout the scheme, and begin to build your network as a Graduate group, and with managers across our global business. Here’s what to expect:
- Your Graduate Scheme – time to reintroduce you to your ENGIE opportunity, and the team that will support you across the two year programme
- Your Placements – spending time on your first placement location, you will begin to be embedded in our operations, and make immediate impact
- Your Training – ready to be challenged? Meet your trainers and coaches, and the experiential learning to come!
- Our Business – ENGIE is full of surprises; we’ll show you our key activities and introduce you to key stakeholders leading our diverse business
- Our Contracts – experience some of our operational sites with your fellow graduates, and see the difference you will be making to our communities
- Our People – lets kickstart your network, spend time with senior leaders across our business, and let them share their ENGIE career journey to date with you. Dream big – we are looking for you to be our future!
Understanding Your Goals
As one of our 160,000 global ENGIE employees, you play a crucial role in accelerating our transformation. Your own development journey is a piece of that puzzle. When you join us, we connect you to your purpose to ask yourself – what do you want to get from your career? We believe in doing the right thing for our people and we want you to be empowered to be the best you can be, and fulfilled within your role.
Part of the initial work you will do with the Early Careers team is build a Personal Development Plan, designed to help you understand your gaps, and develop the strengths that got you here. Our Graduate Competency framework is another key part of your development, you will be assessed throughout the scheme against it, to help shape your potential into our leaders of the future. Consistent coaching and mentoring will be provided to help push you to new heights.
Your Training Pathway
To accelerate your growth, you will undertake our industry accredited LEAP into Leadership pathway. Alongside a Chartered Management Institute qualification in leading, you’ll develop communication and negotiation skills, learn how to lead and motivate teams, and attend residential development weeks designed to get you thinking about your own individual leadership style.
Your learning will take many different forms – classroom, online and on the job. We believe in social learning too, the more you share, the greater the development opportunity there is to apply your understanding on our sites, and for our communities.
People Helping Along The Way
You’ll start having constructive, one-to-one conversations about your development goals early, forming a personal development plan to guide you through the Graduate scheme. We offer you regular career conversations through our training partners, pair you with a senior manager as your mentor, and a buddy to help you feel comfortable and part of the team.
Working with our leaders
Each placement offers the opportunity to work alongside established managers, expanding your network, and supporting your growth and development. As well as your fellow graduates supporting your experience, many of our senior leaders joined as graduates themselves. You can trust that they have walked in your shoes, and understand first hand how to navigate the obstacles that you may face. They understand what it takes to shine throughout the programme and beyond – advice they readily look to share.
Ongoing Career support
We’ll be by your side here throughout your career, helping you progress through technical, professional and leadership skills training, on-the-job learning, shadowing and much more. You will experience a genuine commitment to your personal development that stretches far beyond the scheme, and into your long term career with ENGIE.