Brooklands Primary School
The construction of a new two storey extension to meet Basic Need demand in the area, increasing capacity by one form of entry. New facilities included six new classrooms, a new nursery, SEN base, kitchen and dining hall, together with a range of ancillary spaces.
Key Features of the Project:
- Creation of a range of new high quality teaching and support spaces to meet the demands of local pupil number growth.
- The new kitchen and dining hall designed to allow the school to support wider community use of the facilities.
- ENGIE’s commitment to using local labour and supporting the local economy was demonstrated by the engagement of 40 sub contractors from the North West on this project.
- 3 local residents were given apprenticeships on this scheme.
- ENGIE’s Community Liaison Officers worked closely with the school and the wider local community and ENGIE staff on the contract supported a local charity Christmas appeal, collecting clothes and food for homeless people.
“Our new Year One and Year Two classrooms are lovely bright airy spaces. Our canteen is now part of the main school building and is a fantastic place to each a hot school meal’’
Headteacher, Brooklands Primary School
Sale, Greater Manchester
Procurement Route and Type of Contract
PSPC3 contract via the North West Construction Hub Framework