Gearies Primary School
A 1 form of entry expansion project via the construction of a new three storey teaching block with sustainable solar panels and a bio-diverse roof, together will refurbishment and remodelling of a range of existing spaces in the school.
Key Features of the Project:
- Construction of a new, contemporary three storey block with sustainable features providing eight new classrooms, group rooms and a multi-use hall, together with a range of ancillary facilities. The new block was connected to the existing school via the construction of a new single storey extension.
- Remodelling and refurbishment of a number of existing school spaces to provide refreshed facilities to meet the demands of a larger and growing school. This included the provision of new incoming utilities, work which was only possible by fully utilising school holiday breaks.
- Constructed on a tight urban school site that continued to be occupied for the duration of the scheme.
- ENGIE worked collaboratively with the client and the school to devise a 3 phase programme, mitigating disruption to the school and ensuring the very highest levels of health and safety and safeguarding at all times.
- The team developed a SMART Social Value Action Plan for the project which included visits to the London Olympic Park where ENGIE supplies energy and manages all facilities, co-design with the school community of landscaping and detailed monthly update newsletters for local residents.
London Borough of Redbridge
Procurement Route and Type of Contract
SEC New Build and Refurbishment Framework JCT Design and Build Contract (DB)