We aim to provide the best possible service in a way that is easily accessible to all customers, in particular vulnerable customers and those in need of additional help. This includes people who are elderly, disabled, chronically sick, blind or partially sighted, as well as the deaf or hard of hearing, and non-English speaking people.
Some of the services we offer include:
- Keeping a Vulnerable Customer Register;
- Keeping a Priority Service Register for all customers who need additional help;
- Allowing vulnerable customers to nominate a third party to manage their billing/payment and all contact with ENGIE;
- Offering the option to select a password that all ENGIE employees must use to gain access to your home for any appointments;
- Working, where necessary, with advice agencies, support agencies and charities to offer our vulnerable customers the most suitable solutions to help with energy debt;
- Recording changes in your status;
- Providing, upon request, a heating bill and billing information in a format that can be understood by visually and hearing impaired customers.
If you are eligible, then, upon request, we can arrange to send your bill and any correspondence to a person you have nominated to help you understand and pay your bill. As our customer, the responsibility for payment of the bill will remain with you.
You can download the Letter of Authority to let us know who you have nominated. Please send the completed Letter of Authority to: Community Energy, King’s Yard,1 Waterden Road, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park,London, E15 2GP
Password / identity card scheme
You may choose a personal password, which our representative must quote to you each time we visit your home. In addition to the password scheme, our agents provide an official proof of identity (all our engineers carry identity cards which include their photograph, unique identity number and the card expiry date).
Services for the visually or hearing impaired
Upon request, we can provide a bill and billing information in your preferred format.
Vulnerable Customer Register and Priority Service Register
If you require additional support through the password scheme or nomination scheme, please complete the Vulnerable Customer Register and Priority Service Register.
Customer Services Department:
Our team of ENGIE specialists can provide advice on everything from energy efficiency to debt management. We can agree with you a payment plan to suit your needs. Please visit our office located at the Kings Yard Visitors Centre on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, or phone us on 0800 999 5080.
Support from other organisations:
There are a number of organisations that can offer additional support on a range of issues, from bill payments to energy consumption, energy efficiency and debt management. These include:
The Citizens Advice Bureau
Citizens Advice consumer helpline: 0808 223 1133, Lines open: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Textphone: 18001 0808 223 1133
Welsh Speaking Citizens Advice consumer helpline: 0808 223 1144, Lines open: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Textphone: 18001 0808 223 1144
National Debt line
Helpline: 0808 808 4000, Lines open Monday to Friday 9am to 8pm, Saturday 9:30am to 1pm
Helpline: 0800 138 1111, Lines open Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, Saturday 8am to 4pm