Our commitment to you
We are committed to providing you with high levels of customer service, offering a fair, efficient and polite service which meets all your needs.
- Treat you with respect, honesty and fairness
- Ensure that our employees are fully trained
- Ensure that our employees use plain language in any corrospondence with you
- Deliver what we promise
- Strive to exceed your expectations
- Be cost conscious and efficient
- Listen to your feedback and act on it
- Regularly review and improve our service
- Deal with your enquiry sensitively and confidently
We are committed to ensuring that all our employees work to these principles every day to ensure the highest standards of customer service.
If you’d like to give us any feedback on our service, please:
- Phone, email or write to the person whose contact details you were given when you used our services.
- Phone our helpdesk on 0800 999 5080
- Write to us at:
King’s Yard,1 Waterden Road,
Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park,London,E15 2GP
- Send your feedback directly via our website here
We pride ourselves on providing a high level of customer satisfaction. If you have a complaint about any aspect of our service, please let us know either by phoning, emailing or writing to the person you have been dealing with.
We treat complaints very seriously and will try to resolve them immediately.
When making a complaint, please provide your full name, address, telephone number and account number. If you phone us, please write down the name of the customer service advisor you speak to, as well as the time and the date – for future reference. Tell us the nature of your complaint and your expectations for resolving it.
If you need to, you can nominate a representative to deal with the complaint on your behalf. We will deal with them as if they were our customer. All communications usually addressed to you relating to the complaint will be addressed to the representative directly, using the contact details you provide. Please complete the Letter of Authority, to nominate your representative.
If we are not able to resolve your complaint or you feel it has not been resolved satisfactorily, you can request this be escalate this to a manager.
When dealing with complaints we will:
- Give you a receipt within one working day of you recording your compliant. The receipt will include a reference number and our contact details if you require further assistance. We will do our best to send you a full reply within ten working days, or twenty working days where a visit or third-party enquiries are required. However, if we cannot provide a full response because a site visit is required, we will let you know within ten working days;
- Allocate your complaint to the most appropriate person who can investigate your case and respond to you promptly. We will respond in writing, clearly stating the findings and any action taken to resolve your case;
- Apologise when we are at fault and do our very best to put things right;
- Tell you how you can take your complaint further if you are not satisfied with our response;
- Use complaints to learn lessons and develop our services so they better meet customers’ needs.
If you are still not satisfied with our service:
Please let us know immediately by phoning, emailing or writing to the person you have been dealing with.
Tell us if you cannot resolve your problem with the person you have been dealing with and ask how you can take up your complaint with his or her manager.
If you are not satisfied with our final response, you can consider referring your complaint to the Energy Ombudsman, who offer a free and independent service. The Ombudsman usually expects you to have given us the chance to deal with your complaint before you contact them.
Details can be found at www.ombudsman-services.org or they can be contacted at: Ombudsman Services: Energy PO Box 966 Warrington WA4 9DF.
Phone: 0330 440 1624 email: osenquiries@os-en