It’s important to us that you can feel confident that your personal information is safe and being looked after. We appreciate the trust you place in us and in return we respect our customers’ privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information.
Here we’ll set out clearly how we collect, use, disclose and manage your personal information.
By becoming an ENGIE customer you consent to the collection, use, disclosure and management of your personal information as set out in this policy and your terms and conditions of supply. ENGIE Power Limited is the Data Controller and has appointed a Data Protection Officer who can be contacted via the address given at the end of this policy.
We may amend this policy from time to time.
Why do we need your personal data?
We may collect certain personal information from you when you join us as a customer, use our website or services, or get in touch with us. This includes:
- your name and contact details including your home address, contact telephone number and email address
- your vehicle details
- your bank account or payment details
This is so that we can provide you with the products and services you have requested from us;
We may also collect your personal information to enable us to;
- respond to your enquiries and requests for assistance;
- verify your identity when you register for our website or products and services, log into our website or contact us in relation to your account;
When we might need to share your information
In certain circumstances we may share your personal information with third parties, this includes:
- our agents and representatives so that they can provide or assist us with providing our products and services, or provide you with products or services that you have requested directly from them;
- third parties where you have requested information, products or services from them;
- relevant government, regulatory or public authorities.
- our legal representatives or other concerned parties in circumstances where we reasonably believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to help identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; and
- where we are otherwise authorised or required by law to do so.
How long do we keep this information?
Where is my personal data stored?
ENGIE Power Ltd is based in the UK and most of the time your personal data will only be stored or processed un the UK or EU. However, we may need to process your personal information outside of the EU, for example where we use websites or call analytics tools.
Rest assured, we do not sell your personal data to any third parties.
Your personal data will only be stored or transferred within the UK, EU or US. Any US transfer will be under the EU-US Privacy Shield or using other safeguards that have been approved by the relevant regulatory body. Please contact us for further information.
How do we safeguard your personal information?
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the personal information we collect. We do our very best to ensure the security of personal information held by us to protect your information from unauthorised access, use, modification, destruction or disclosure.
Access to personal information is restricted to authorised employees, contractors, agents and service providers, who are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. We regularly review and update our security measures considering current technologies.
Do we use and disclose your personal information for marketing purposes?
When you enter into a contract with us or obtain a service or product we will always give you the opportunity to tell us if you wish to receive information about our other products and services.
If you have agreed, we may use your personal information to provide you with information about offers, promotions, products or services which we believe may be of interest to you.
If you change your mind at any time and prefer not to hear from us about marketing, special offers or promotions, please let us know by getting in touch with our Customer Care Team on 0333 666 0059 or emailing email@example.com
How can you access or correct your personal data or make a privacy or data protection complaint?
You have the right to ask for access to, correction of or erasure of personal information that we hold about you. You also have the right to make a complaint if you believe that we have not complied with privacy laws in relation to your information.
To obtain access, correct your information, request an erasure, make a complaint concerning our treatment of your personal data, please contact us in writing using the contact details below. If you are also dissatisfied with our response you can contact the Information Commissioner office.
For data protection queries only
Attention: Privacy Officer
PO Box 330,
Newcastle upon Tyne,
For all other enquires please contact OUR Customer Care Team on 0333 666 0059 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org