It’s important to us that you can feel confident that any personal data that we hold on you or your employees is safe and being looked after. We appreciate the trust you place in us and in return we respect our customers’ privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information.
ENGIE UK operates the www.engie.co.uk website. This Policy provides you with details regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our website and associated services with the data collected.
For the purposes of information on the Data Controller the website is owned and operated by ENGIE UK Holding (Services) Limited.
Our other services Data Controllers are;
ENGIE Power Ltd
ENGIE Gas Limited
ENGIE Regeneration Limited
ENGIE Services Limited
To contact the relevant data controller please use the contact form on this website.
What personal information do we hold?
Personal Information may include,
- your name and contact details including your contact number and email address
- the organisation or business you may represent
- any additional information you may have provided to us
- cookies and usage data – see our cookies policy
Why do we need your personal data?
We may need to collect and use your personal information to,
- respond to your enquiries and requests for assistance
- provide you with the products and services you have requested from us
- provide your company with individualised products and services
- track your journey across ENGIE group website in order for us to improve our services
- and may pass your data to other parts of the business to respond on
- comply with our legal and contractual obligations;
When we might need to share your information
Personal data provided will be seen by relevant ENGIE employees. In certain circumstances we may share your personal information with third parties, this includes:
Our web service provider AlterWay Hosting and web agency Tequila Rapido.
- our legal representatives or other concerned parties in circumstances where we reasonably believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to help identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; and
- where we are otherwise authorised or required by law to do so.
How long do we keep this information?
Where our retention periods are not governed by legislation we will hold your personal data for one year, our Retention Policy is based on commercial justifications. These include,
- to allow us to resolve any disputes or complaints
- to enable us to provide you with our products and services
Where is my personal data stored?
Your information and personal data may be transferred to and maintained on data solutions outside of the current country you reside in, these countries will always be within the EEA.
How do we safeguard your personal information?
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the personal information we collect. We do our very best to ensure the security of personal data held by us to protect your information from unauthorised access, use, modification, destruction or disclosure.
Access to personal information is restricted to authorised employees, contractors, agents and service providers, who are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. We regularly review and update our security measures considering current technologies.
How can you access or correct your personal information, or make a privacy or Data Protection complaint?
You have the right to request access to, correction of, erasure of, limitation of or the portability of personal information we hold about you. Where the processing is based on consent, you may withdraw your consent to further processing at any time.
You also have the right to make a complaint if you believe that we have not complied with privacy laws in relation to your information.
To obtain access, correct your information, request an erasure, make a complaint or enquire about your rights, please contact us in writing using the contact details below. We will acknowledge any contacts in writing as soon as we can and respond to any complaints or enquiries within 40 days. If you are also dissatisfied with our response you can contact the Information Commissioner’s office.
For personal information enquiries:
Attention: Data Protection Officer