At ENGIE we treat all our customers in an open, honest, transparent and professional way. We are particularly aware of the needs of smaller micro-businesses for simplicity and transparency in their energy contracts.
What is a micro-business?
A micro-business is a customer who has:
- an annual consumption of electricity of not more than 100,000 kWh; or
- an annual consumption of gas of not more than 293,000 kWh; or
- fewer than 10 employees (or their full time equivalent) and an annual turnover or annual balance sheet total not exceeding €2 million.
What can a micro-business expect?
As a micro-business customer you can expect that:
- We will always communicate with you in a clear and straightforward way.
- If we or our agents need to visit your site to conduct maintenance work on your metering system, we will ensure that you are offered an appointment within a window no more than 4 hours long during working hours, and should it be necessary to rearrange the appointment, we will ensure that we give you at least one working day’s notice unless you agree otherwise. If we fail to adhere to this standard, we will pay you compensation of £30 within 10 working days of the date of our failure to meet it.
- Your invoices will clearly state your contract end date and the notice period required, if any, to terminate your contract and prevent it from automatically renewing or moving to our default rates
- At renewal we will contact you with all the information you’ll need to decide what to do next. If you decide to end your contract we will acknowledge your request within 5 working days.
- In addition to our back billing promise which can be viewed here, if any back billing is necessary then we will limit this to a maximum of 12 months.
- If you decide to leave us at the end of your existing contract, you will need to write to us no later than 30 days before it is due to end. You need to send this request to email@example.com or write to us at the address below.
If you need to contact us
You can contact us by:
- Calling our Customer Service Team on 0800 170 1112
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing to us at:
26 Whitehall Road
Leeds LS12 1BE
If we’ve done something wrong
We want to put it right and we’ll do so using our complaints process which you can access here. As a micro-business customer if you are not happy with our resolution you can also contact the Ombudsman Services on 0330 440 1624 or email email@example.com or Citizens Advice for advice on 0808 223 1133, their full contact details can be found here.