Backbilling can occur where there has been an issue regarding accessing the property to obtain up to date or disputed reads.
These are very rare, and we do everything to ensure our customers don’t get back billed, to help us to minimise any back-billing issues we agree to:
1. Take regular meter readings.
2. Ensure you can easily submit meter readings
3. Use the meter readings that are submitted where they are within tolerances, if there’s an issue, we’ll contact you to discuss it
4. Provide you with information on how you can assist in ensuring an accurate bill.
5. If we must produce an estimated bill, we’ll try to obtain an accurate read as soon as possible
6. Provide you with clear payment options where you receive a bill for a longer period than expected not exceeding 12 months
7. Provide you with details for accessing independent advice/support.
8. Should you have any difficulties in paying your bills, please contact our Customer Service Advisors who will discuss any options available.
If you’d like to obtain independent advice you can contact:
Citizens Advice consumer helpline: 0808 223 1133
Textphone: 18001 0808 223 1133
To contact a Welsh-speaking adviser: 0808 223 1144
Textphone to contact a Welsh-speaking adviser: 18001 0808 223 1144
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Closed on bank holidays
Or contact them online here.
Business Debt line
Available to discuss any business debt issues or create budgets
Monday – Friday: 9am – 8pm
Call on 0800 197 6026,
Or email Business Debt Line here.